Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Participants try to write a 50,000 word manuscript between November 1st and November 30th. Or they may try to do 50,000 words on a current manuscript.

I've never participated because November is a crazy hectic month for me every year. There's the Thanksgiving Holiday and all the baking and prep work that goes along with that, I have a couple of family birthday events, and we usually have out of town relatives stop in for early holiday visits.

While I'm not officially doing NaNoWriMo this year, I am setting a goal of getting about 150 pages of new material written. I say "about" because I think that's all I need to write to finish the current manuscript I'm revising and also add a few more pages to finish another manuscript. I really want to have both done by the end of November.

Getting everything written by the end of this month will allow me a bit free time in December that I can devote to making my holiday cards, baking, and working on the blanket I'm knitting (which I haven't had time to work on in a couple of months other than adding a row here and there) without stressing about how I'll get everything done.


No comments:

Post a Comment