Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

To Self Publish...or Not

As I finish the revisions of the manuscript I'm working on, I've been seriously contemplating going the self publishing route for a number of reasons.

1.)  Being able to control release dates.
2.)  Being able to set the price of the books.
3.)  Being able to put a book on sale whenever I choose.
And to be completely honest, the royalty rate is a major factor for leaning toward self publishing.

The rate is considerably higher than publishing with a small press or even one of the traditional publishing houses. I've been published with a small press in the past and have no complaints, though I didn't always like the covers my books were given. Maybe I should add being able to control the cover art in the list above.

I'm a firm believer that no one is too old to learn something new and that one should always keep learning throughout one's life. That being said, one of the main things holding me back is I am intimidated by everything I need to learn to self publish. Formatting, copy right filing, ISBN number purchasing, uploading the manuscript, the list goes on and on.

I think the hardest part is there is so much information out there, I have no idea where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment