Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Ruminating a Bit

I rarely do any writing from the week of Thanksgiving until January 2nd of the new year. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the accompanying additional shopping, cooking, baking, hosting of friends and family as they come to town for visits, and wrapping of gifts, it leaves very little free time so when I plan my yearly goals, I always plan for those 6 weeks or so to be writing free.

2017 in terms of writing and anything related to it has come to an end for me. It's earlier than usual, but I hope to use the time to get my holiday cards made and sent out. I felt like I needed to step away from writing earlier because I wasn't making any headway and was more often than not, making excuses to do anything but write. 

Besides hand making my holiday cards (with one or two birthday cards thrown in), I want to use the time to really figure out why I was spinning my wheels when it came to my writing. I've been looking at my 2017 goals and trying to see where I got off track. I will be honest and admit I came no where near meeting the majority of them. 

I've been reading articles to better help set goals and how to stay on track in terms of meeting them and how to get back on track when you go off the rails. I've been looking at different planners to see if a different set up will help me stay on point. 

I'm determined 2018 will be a much more productive year. If you have any tips or helpful hints that you use to keep you on track with your goals regardless of what they might be for, I'd love to hear them. Along with writing related items, I also want to set goals for trying different types of exercise, getting stronger, and to increase my savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment