Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

2018 Planning...or Should I Say "Planner"

I purchased a 2018 planner. Rather than purchase 3 separate planners, one writing related, one every day life related, and one health and wellness related, I'm going to frankenplan the one I bought. (In case you think it's crazy to have separate planners for different things, I know some people who keep 3 or more separate planners and manage to keep track of them all. Personally, I'd probably go crazy trying to keep track of more than one.)

Because I want to do a better job in 2018 of staying on point with goals and meeting objectives, I decided I need to keep better track of what I need to do and where I am in relation to those goals on at least a monthly, if not weekly, basis so I'm adding pages to my 2018 planner, hence the frankenplanning.

Frankenplanning if you're not familiar with the term is where you add, subtract, or glue pages together to make the planner what you need it to be. It's really a way to customize the planner so it best suits your needs. Some people buy one or more planners and combine them in some form or another.

I'll be using my planner for every day life stuff, but adding sections for writing related and health and wellness so I can keep track of all three in one place because each of them are equally important to me in the coming year. I'm using the Happy Planner by MAMBI (Me and My Big Ideas) for 2018. It's a disc bound planner that makes it easy to add or subtract pages, add dashboards, journal cards and the like.

Do you use a paper planner or do you use the calendar on your phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment