Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

This I know for sure...

I'm a firm believer that a person should never stop learning throughout his or her lifetime. This can range from taking classes, watching You Tube, learning on your own through trial and error, having a friend or relative teach you. It doesn't matter what you're learning, just that you keep learning.

One of my aunts taught me how to crotchet when I was a young girl. She's deceased now, but every time I pick up a skein of yarn and a crotchet hook, I think of her. 

When I was in my early twenties and bought my first car, my brother insisted on teaching me how to change a tire, how to add windshield washer fluid, how to check the oil and radiator fluid levels, and how to change the oil and the air filter.

I taught myself how to read braille by using google and getting braille readers out of our local library. I signed up for an art class and quickly learned I have no drawing talent. When I let go of my expectations of drawing incredible pictures, the class was still fun even though I'll never make the claim that I can draw.

I still would like to take a painting class. I have two nieces who do amazing paintings. I'm considering asking them if one of them would be willing to teach me the basics. Do I expect to be the next Picasso? No, but I would like to learn to paint.

What have you learned to do? Or what would you like to learn to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment