Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

This I know for sure...

As I've mentioned before, I'm always looking for books by new-to-me authors. I especially love it when I discover a new-to-me author who has a large back list or has a number of books out in a series that I can read one after another.

I was lucky enough to discover Carrie Vaughn and her Kitty Norville series when she had already released 8 or 9 books in the series. When I discovered Diane Kelly and her Death, Taxes series, she'd already published 5 books in the series.  I just recently discovered Marie Force and her Fatal series. She's published 6 books in the series with the 7th coming out this fall.

The downside of finding a new author who has a number of books out is after being able to read book after book after book in a series pretty soon you've come to the last book that's been published to date and then you're just like everyone else and have to wait (impatiently in most cases) until the next book is released and then usually a year or so until the next book comes out.

So while I'm waiting for the next book in a series I already read to be released, I'm off haunting libraries and book stores looking for that next new-to-me author that has a number of books out that I can read one after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment