Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Unfortunately not a good writing week last week. Worked extra hours at the day job which cut into the writing time so I only managed 10 pages of new material. I have this some extra time off for the Labor Day holiday so I hope to get some good writing time in.

News from the publishing world: Barnes & Noble is partnering with Google for same day delivery as a way to compete with Amazon. For those of us who hate waiting, this might be great news if it's successful. Link: Barnes & Noble - Google: Same Day Delivery 

Quote of the week: "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." ~ Amelia Earhart. To be a successful writer, tenacity is a must. If you let the first rejection you receive keep you from trying again, then you'll never reach your dreams.

Health news: According to research conducted at Loma Linda University, humor produces brain wave frequencies similar to meditation, which has been linked to better focusing abilities and less stress. One researcher stated laughter can act as a natural antidepressant. (Personally, I think it's a bit hard to find humor in things when you've suffered a loss or are going through a hard time, but even if you can't find anything to laugh about, there's always meditation to help release stress.)

Random things: This Friday, my family is going to our state fair. I've lived in the same state my entire life and have never been to this particular fair. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time away from the distractions of work, the internet, and the like. Of course, I'm also looking forward to sharing that last funnel cake of the summer season. 

Random photo of the week:

    
I was feeling a little down last week so I indulged in a favorite childhood treat -- Vanilla ice cream with Fruit Loop cereal poured over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment