Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

This I know for sure...

My sister graduated from college with her nursing degree last May. She just passed her state board exam and is now officially a registered nurse. Right now you may be thinking, okay, but what does that have to do with anything.

She's a perfect example of perseverance. It took her fifteen years to become an R.N. In that time, she married, had three daughters, held a job, and took classes whenever possible. There were periods of time when she didn't or couldn't work toward that elusive degree. Sometimes it was years before she was able to take it back up. But she never gave up. Never decided it was too hard or was taking too long.

So on days when I'm feeling like my writing career is stagnating or not moving in the direction I want fast enough, I think of my sister and with time and patience and, yes, perseverance, she achieved her dream. And I can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment