Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

This I know for sure...

It's not even officially winter yet and I'm already tired of the snow. I've never been a big fan of winter or snow even as a kid. As I grow older, I like it even less.

Let me qualify that - I love watching the snow fall especially when it's the big fluffy flakes that seems to float slowly from the sky. I love how beautiful everything looks after a freshly fallen snow. I love being outside at night when it's that slow type snow and just listening to the silence of it as it falls to the earth.

Unfortunately, having to work outside the home makes me hate the snow more than if I didn't have to go out in it every day, didn't have to risk life and limb driving to work while people race down an icy road as though it was mid-summer with clean, dry pavement, or be expected to be at work even though there's a travel advisory stating no unnecessary travel and to stay off the roads.

I can't wait for the days when I don't have to watch the weather forecasts and worry about the next incoming winter storm because I'll just have to travel down the hall instead down the road. Until then, I'll be dreaming of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment