Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Please Welcome My Guest

Please welcome my guest, Romance Author Terri Rochenski. Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.

Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her two young daughters allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on the couch with a book or pencil in hand, and toothpicks propping her eyelids open.


Tell us something about yourself both writing and not writing related.

I write my scenes with a pen & clipboard loaded with lined paper – strange, I know, but if I can’t hit ‘back space’ and ‘delete’ I tend to get more done in one sitting.

Gardening is my second passion – self-sustainability is the ultimate goal, but unfortunately I live on less than ¼ acre. I can only do so much!

Do you have a writing routine?  Where do you usually do your writing?

I have no writing routine to speak of. As a stay-at-home mom of 3, it’s write when I can, wherever I can. Napkin. Notebook. Coloring book edges.  :o) When I AM able to sit & write in silence (rare event right there!) it’s usually on the couch with that clipboard.

Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do?  Any plans in the future to write in a different one?

I’ve adored fantasy since I was a child & first picked up Chronicles of Narnia. As for romance, what woman DOESN’T want to read about Prince Charming? For now, I’m sticking with those genres. Not sure I have the brain cells or time left for anything else!

How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse won’t cooperate?

Motivated … ha! Some days it’s like pulling teeth for me to focus on the next scene that needs written. If I don’t write down those ideas and notes immediately, the mommy brain often gets distracted and that scene is doomed.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done in the name of research?

Other than spend HOURS pouring over books in the library, nothing.

What’s the best writing advice you were ever given? 

Get a rejection? Sub again, and again. Don’t give up.

What do you like to do in your leisure time?

Leisure time? What’s that? When I DO have a quiet moment, it’s reading, cooking, gardening, or just breathing in the silence.

Tell us about your current release in a couple of sentences.

Cara’s story is born out of love badly placed, desperation, and the resulting lies that keep her from ruin. The truth could very well ruin her second chance at love.

Can you tell us a little about your next project?

I’m contemplating dusting off the first manuscript I ever wrote, an historical romance set in Victorian England and the wild wild west. We’ll see.

You can get in touch with Terri at any of these links:
Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Goodreads

Blurb:  Dismissed from her job as a scullery maid and cast aside by her lover, pregnant Cara Morland has no choice but to return to her father’s farm. While lies of widowhood keep her from disgrace, Cara is faced with a local landowner’s unwanted attentions. Without the social status to do much more than avoid the vile man, she loses hope of ever finding happiness.

A friendship based on mutual loneliness blossoms between Cara and James Elliot, a young farm hand hired by her father. He offers his protection, and one shared kiss reveals his heart, but propriety and her feigned grieving period hinders what they both desire.

When Cara’s stalker learns the truth of her circumstances, he gives her an ultimatum—submit to his possession or he’ll ruin her second chance at love with James.

Buy Links:
Amazon  The Wild Rose Press 

5 comments:

  1. Katherine,

    Thanks so much for hosting me today! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your interview! I enjoy gardening, also, and because I have limited full-day sun, tried the square foot approach. Works very well! Best wishes with your release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashantay. Gardening is my relaxing hobby. Writing is the stressful one. ;)

      Delete
    2. Your book always makes me want to SKIP to the end to find out what happens but I won't because that's all shades of wrong!

      Delete
    3. hehehehe

      Glad you enjoy my stories, Sheryl. :)

      Delete