Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

What to write

I've been so focused on meeting my self-imposed deadline for completing my manuscript, I didn't give any thought to what I would write about for this post. I usually start thinking of ideas at the end of the prior week for each Monday's post. And now it's time to write the post and I have no idea what to write about.

I could tell you I'm about 60 to 70 pages out from completing the first draft of my manuscript. It's taken much longer than it should have to get the first draft down on paper.

I could tell you how I met friends for dinner last Wednesday. Though we keep in touch through email, I don't actually see these friends except when we meet for dinner every 6 months or so. The strange thing is when we do get together, it seems no time has passed at all since we last had dinner. Is it because we keep in touch with weekly emails in the intervening time? Or is because we know each other so well?

I could tell you about the book I'm dying to read but am not sure I'll have time to start it this week. Maybe I'll tell you more about it on this week's What I'm Reading Wednesday post.

I thing I can tell you is it seems Sundays are the fastest day of the week. I never seem to accomplish everything I set out to do on a Sunday. I've tried whittling the day's "To Do" list down so I have a better chance of getting everything crossed off by the end of the day but I always seem to have one or two items left on the list at the end of the day. 

Oh and one last thing I can tell you. It's hard to write a blog when you have no idea what to write about. :o) 


No comments:

Post a Comment