Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Finding My Muse

Those of you who follow my blog know I've been struggling for some time to get words on paper.  Not just good words or great words, but any words at all. Someone once said, "you can't revise a blank page."  Truer words have never been spoken.

I've never been a big believer in writer's block. I've always felt if you sit down at the laptop or computer and write anything even if it's garbage you know you're going to delete anyway, the right words will come even if it takes a few writing sessions before that happens. Needless to say, I'm now a big believer in writer's block.

I've had a great deal going on outside my writing life lately that made it hard to even get to the laptop after the day job. It seems my muse decided this was the perfect time to go on vacation and not bother coming back. Starting today, two of the major causes of stress I believe killed any type of creativity I may have been able to muster will be gone. Gone.

This writer's block has gone on far too long. So, today I'm going hunting for my muse. I'm going to find her and bring her back, kicking and screaming if necessary because I'm determined to get back to work spinning stories and dreaming dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been the kind of person to write every day (unfortunately), and lately even my occassional writing has been blocked with a combination of writer's block and being far too busy. At first it bothered me, but I'm getting lots of reading down now, and I figure there are far more important things to stress over. When the story wants to get out, it will.
    For you Katherine, I suggest if you can find your muse, at least find a good masseuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,

      You're right there are many more things in life to stress over and I don't want writing to be one of them so that it becomes a chore rather than something I enjoy. A massage sounds wonderful. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete