Pages

Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  Writing is still going well. I managed to get 15k (60 pages) written last week despite a couple of unexpected things popping up. It was touch and go there for a while if I'd meet my self-imposed deadline of having 150 pages written by the end of last week, but I did it (barely. I had to write the last 6 pages on Saturday to hit the 150 page mark.)

Motivational Quote:  "Farmers don't rush their harvest--why should we? Plant your seeds, be patient..." ~ Joel Leon

What I'm Reading:  I started reading Holding on to Chaos by Lucy Score yesterday afternoon. While this is the fifth book in the Blue Moon series, it also reads as a stand alone. I haven't read any of the previous books and I'm not feeling lost. This is an "insta-love" story which are not usually my cup of tea, but I am liking it so far. (I'm only a third of the way through the book.)

Random Things:  I made my first batch of cookies for the fall season. I don't bake from late May until early October because of the heat and high humidity that we have in the summer months. The cookies are a cross between a gingerbread cookie and a gingersnap. It was a new recipe for me. They're good but if I want a ginger based cookie in the future, I'm going to stick to my tried and true gingerbread chocolate chip cookie recipe. 

Random Photo:

                              Here's a picture of the Ginger cookies I made on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment