Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

Half Year Review

With everything that's been happening with Covid-19 and such, this year seems to be dragging on and on and on. Personally April and May seemed to last forever, but June sped on by so it's hard to believe we're already half way through 2020.

I did a six month goal check in last week with myself. I'm not doing too badly. I'm where I should be in most cases.

I'm only a little behind in a couple of goals:

1.) I wanted to lose the 5 pounds I put on over the 2019 Christmas holidays and lose 5 more pounds by summer. Well, I haven't done either of those things yet. I guess the good thing is my weight has been holding steady, just not at the weight I want to be at. To be honest, I haven't been really strict with my eating plan either. I eat a healthy breakfast (usually yogurt with fruit and granola or oatmeal with fruit and nuts or one scrambled egg with cheese in a tortilla wrap) and eat a healthy snack type lunch (usually fruit and cottage cheese or fruit and hummus with celery or pepper strips). Since it's usually about 3:00pm when I'm eating lunch, I try to keep it light as we usually eat dinner between 6:00 and 6:30pm. It's the dinners that aren't so healthy, especially in the really hot, humid weather we've been having. Since it's usually too hot to cook, we've been having a lot of turkey and Swiss cheese sandwiches, different pasta salads, paninis and tossed salads. We've been eating a lot of popsicles and fudgsicles and frozen fruit bars as well.

2.) I wanted to have my next book plotted by the end of this month and start writing it in August. I need to finish the last few revisions suggested by beta readers on the current book I'm working on. I'm thinking it will take me the rest of this month to do that. I still hope to squeeze in the plotting of the third book, but I may have to push that to August and start the writing in September.

With a little more discipline (and maybe a few less fudgsicles), I should be back on track when I do my quarterly goal self check in in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment