Pages

Friday, December 6, 2019

This I know for sure...

Even though I knew Thanksgiving was later than usual this year, it didn't really occur to me that there is only about 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It dawned on me Monday morning when I was changing the kitchen calendar to the December page.

So while I'm looking forward to the Christmas holiday, I'm teetering on the edge of panic mode right now. I have at least 15 holiday cards to make and get into the mail by the end of next week at the very latest, though I'd really like to get them all in the mail by next Wednesday. Each card takes me about 3 hours to make from start to finish so I'm really feeling like I'm under the gun with my self-imposed deadline.

I also have baking to do. Between my mom and myself we make about 10 to 12 different kinds of cookies. We usually make 10 dozen of each type of cookie because we give them away with gifts or as a gift itself. That's a lot of cookies to get mixed, baked, frosted (some of them anyway), packed in containers, and given out all within three weeks time.

I may need some time off after the holidays just to catch my breath. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment