Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

This I know for sure...


This post was inspired by a conversation with an old friend whom I call Sally. Sally remarked that one of our mutual friends would never be a success in life because she spent too much time volunteering instead of putting all that effort into doing things that would bring her more money.  Our friend works a full time job making a pretty good wage as well as volunteering a couple of nights a week and on weekends so it surprised me that Sally had written her off as being unsuccessful. It also left me feeling sad that our friend is living a wonderful, fulfilling life and yet others consider her to be less successful than she could be.

It left me wondering how other people define success. I realize everyone has their own definition of what being successful means. And that for some it can mean making millions of dollars, or winning an Oscar or Emmy or Grammy or any other type of industry award that brings a measure of prestige, or hitting the bestseller list, or even having raised a great kid who's become a productive member of society.

So I ask...What does being successful mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment