Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Steampunk Has A New Fan

Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster is the first novel I've read involving Steampunk so I don't have anything to draw from but let me say, I loved this book. It's approximately 425 pages and I read it in about 6 hours. Not that I ever have 6 hours to sit down at read at once. I started it when I woke early Saturday morning and had about an hour and a half before I had to be up so read it then.  Later in the afternoon I had an hour before taking my mom shopping for my goddaughter's birthday gift so I sat on the sofa and read some more.  Throughout the day, I found myself picking up the book whenever I had a free few minutes and greedily reading as much as I could. I even went to bed at 9:00pm (on a Saturday night!) so I could read more and ended up finishing the book 3 hours later.

One thing is certain I will definitely be reading the other books in this series.  I'm also on the lookout for other authors who write Steampunk novels.  If you know of any that you'd recommend, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment