Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Motivation

I've been suffering from a lack of motivation these last couple of weeks. I tell myself it's because I have a cold that seems to be getting the better of me. But to be honest, I think I'm suffering from the same thing everyone else is suffering from this time of year -- A bad case of Spring fever and failing at keeping New Year's resolutions.

I don't have the exact statistics but I do know that by this time, most people have given up on the resolutions they made on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.  I didn't make any resolutions per se, but I did set goals that I want to meet by the end of the year. Taking stock of where I am and where I wanted to be at this time, I see I'm falling behind in meeting those goals.

Am I giving up?  No, but I did feel like my motivation needed a boost so this past weekend I read a great book on writing, did some research I'd been putting off, and went in search of a quote that would help keep me motivated. I ended up finding quite a few of them that spoke to me so I'll be posting them on my Facebook page every Monday until I run out of them. 

I did find one quote in particular that spoke to me more than the others and I've put it where I'll see it every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed.  I don't know who said it originally so I'll post it here tagged as Author Unknown. It states:

"You are the sole factor between procrastination and progress."

Do you use motivational quotes to help you achieve your goals?  Have any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment