Pages

Monday, July 22, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  While doing one last read through, I found a dangling plot thread that needs to be woven into the story. I'll work on that this week and then send the completed book to my beta readers next Monday. It'll put me a week behind schedule, but I'm hoping they won't find much that needs changing.

Motivational Quote: "Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out..." ~ Frank Abagnale, Sr. from the movie Catch Me If You Can

What I'm Reading:  I'm currently reading The Mostly True Story of Tanner and Louise by Colleen Oakley. It's the first book I've read of Ms. Oakley's. I'm enjoying it and should have it finished in the next couple of days.

Random Thoughts:  Two new shops that sell handmade ice cream opened in my area. I'm interested in visiting both of them as they have unique flavors. One is known for its basil ice cream and the other is known for it's S'Mores ice cream cone with a toasted marshmallow on a skewer topper and their lemon soft serve with a blackberry jam topping. I'm a huge fan of S'Mores so that will be the one I would most likely get.

Random Photo:

                        It's been so crazy busy lately, this how I feel most mornings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment