Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

What Happens When You Procrastinate

One of the things I'd planned on doing in the first quarter of the year was to get a DBA (Doing Business As) to use for anything I self-published. I procrastinated going to the county office building to file the paperwork and pay the necessary fee because I was waiting for the worst of the winter weather to be over. The office building is located in the heart of the business district where I live which doesn't allow parking on the streets and the parking garages aren't really within walking distance in terrible weather.

The Covid-19 Pandemic shut everything down in my state in mid-March so that put my plan on hold. We are now in the final phase of re-opening, but some of the county offices are still closed to the public. They are tentatively going to start allowing people into the buildings within the next couple of weeks by appointment only.

Now my goal is to get the DBA paperwork filed as soon as I can get an appointment. I'm hoping to have it taken care of by the end of August at the latest so I can plan my release schedule. One of the good things to come out of my procrastination is that by the time I'm able to get the DBA, I should have nearly three books completed so I'll be able to release them pretty quickly one after the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment