Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

This I know for sure...

I've been doing a lot of stress baking lately. I like to bake in general, but seem to do more of it when I'm stressed out. In the past two weeks I've made honey corn muffins, popovers, sourdough pretzels, coconut sweet bread, coconut iced shortbread cookies, oatmeal yogurt pancakes, and two different kinds of bread.

Some of the muffins, pancakes, bread, and popovers went into the freezer for future use, but the pretzels, cookies, and sweet bread call my name every time I walk into the kitchen. I can ignore it for the most part, but when the evening comes, I've been eating a cookie or pretzel (or one of each). 

                                            (Coconut Iced Shortbread Cookies)

I've got to find a better way to deal with stress or I'm going to have to buy bigger pants by the time the worst of the pandemic is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment