Pages

Friday, March 13, 2020

This I know for sure...

Today is Friday the 13th. I've never been superstitious. I've even owned two black cats. My first black cat was also the first cat I owned. Her name was Lilly. She was a rescue I adopted in my early twenties. Unfortunately, I don't have any digital photos of her.

My second black cat was Petey. My brother gave him to me as a gift. I'd always wanted a polydactyl cat and Petey had six toes on each of his paws.  You can see in the picture below how it looked like he had thumbs on his front feet.


Here's a photo of one of his back paws when he went out in the snow. The coin next to his footprint is a quarter. I set it next to his footprint for scale so you could see how big his feet were.


Petey passed away in 2017 from liver failure at the age of fourteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment