Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Please Welcome My Guest

Please welcome my guest, Leslie Scott. Leslie spends most days attempting to wrangle the voices in her head and often wishes she could clone herself so that their stories get told faster. She loves words, romance, and characters that feel like family and spends almost all of her free time with her own family; including a boisterous eleven year old that she homeschools and an assorted cast of rescue pets. She lives her own happily ever after with her soul mate and best friend in the northern part of Alabama and hopes you enjoy reading her stories as much as she enjoys writing them.

Hi Leslie, Tell us something about yourself both writing and non-writing related.

Writing related: I write late into the night (early morning) because that’s the only time my house is quiet. Non-Writing related: I homeschool my gifted eleven year old. It’s an interesting experience.

Do you have a writing routine or ritual that you do before you start writing?

Not really no, I just sit down and get it done. It’s the making time to do the sitting without distraction that’s the issue.

Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do? Any plans in the future to write in a different one?

I write whatever genre the ideas pull me in. Then again, I don’t think I’ve found a niche yet. Though I love New Adult and I love cowboys… so I’m currently writing both!

How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse won’t cooperate?

I’ve never actually experienced writer’s block. I’m a firm believer that if you’re stuck one of two things have happened: you’re burnt out and need to take a break (read, spend time with your family, etc) or something is wrong with your story (usually structure related) and you’re trying to force a piece that won’t fit.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done in the name of research?

Oh… hrm… applied to visit the body farm? I wanted to see the rate of decomposition for myself. So, yeah. Pretty strange.

What’s the best writing advice you were ever given?

To keep writing. No matter what, just keep writing. Beverly Jenkins told me (And my RWA chapter) during a bad time in her life the writing saved her. .I hold on to that and keep writing—even when things are dark.

What do you like to do in your leisure time?

Write. Seriously, if I’m not reading or writing I’m probably not happy.

Tell us about your current or upcoming release in a couple of sentences.

Hadley Morgan has a thing for her boss, even if he’s barely twenty-five and toting around a divorce and two small children. But she has her own baggage and her secrets could shatter the new family she’s building.

Can you tell us a little about your next project?

I’m working on several right now. One is a romantic suspense following an elite K9 unit at a Florida’s Sheriff’s Department. I’m working in a savvy reality television producer, a sexy cop, lots of suspense, and dogs. What more could anyone ask for?

The other is a super steamy sports romance. Hoping to have both off to the interested editors within the next few weeks. That way I can start writing Arkadia Fast Book Four! 

Check out Leslie's upcoming release.

Release Date: 2019-03-06 (This is in YYYY-MM-DD format)
(Please note that this means generally by noon on release day, not at midnight.)
ISBN(s):
978-1-5092-2319-0 Paperback
978-1-5092-2320-6 Digital

Blurb: Starting a new life isn't easy when the skeletons locked in her closet are the notorious town drunk for a father and a haunted past. But, Hadley Morgan isn't one to shy away from second chances or giving them either.

When a young, single father wrapped up in an octane fueled package takes particular interest in her, she begins to dream. But well-known drag racer Aiden Casey is also her boss, making her hesitate to grab at her chance at happiness. 

Will her secrets shatter their chance at love or will his past come back to destroy both of them?






Excerpt:

Aiden obliged me everything, letting me do as I
wished. I gave to him, anything to erase the pain and
worry etched on his face.
“Hadley.” When it was over, Aiden shook my
tangled hair free from his fingers and pulled me close.
“Never”—he whispered in the dark, hands stroking my
back—“have you been more beautiful to me than you
are right now.”
“You can hardly see me,” I whispered, his breath
warm against my mouth.
His gaze caught mine and held. The sorrow gone
from his face. “I always see you.”

I had to force my gaze out the window. Private
conversations in a confined space with Aiden meant
thinking way too much about how long it had been
since I’d been intimate with anyone. Not to mention
how nice the warmth of his hand had been on my skin.
Even if the touch was fleeting.
“For almost sex, it wasn’t half bad.” I tried to make
light of the situation and failed.
Aiden’s ocean colored gaze caught mine. Whatever
good humor he’d had before had vanished. The air grew
thick and hard to breathe as he looked right through me.
He stripped me bare. If he could do that with such ease,
I was way out of my league. No man I’d ever met sent
me reeling so easily.
“For almost sex, Hadley, I can do way better than
that.”
“Oh, wow.” I swallowed a mouthful of air.
“All you have to do is say the word”—he wheeled
the truck into what would now be my driveway—“and
I’ll prove it to you.”

Buy Links: 
Amazon Pre-Order https://amzn.to/2T2rxB9 

You can find Leslie at the following places:
Youtube Playlists: http://bit.ly/2O6IDea
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to learn about you, Leslie. I'm a late night writer too! Story sounds good – I enjoyed the excerpt.
    All the best, Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cat! I'm just not sitting down tonigh to write.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your awesome writing, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! When do you get time to sleep? I need rest to function. Very best on your book!

    ReplyDelete