Happy Leap Day. Here are a few fun facts about Leap Day or Leap Year.
1. Julius Caesar introduced the first leap year in 46 B.C., but Pope Gregory XIII tweaked the math of when the leap year would fall when he introduced the Gregorian calendar approximately 1,500 years later.
2. A whole leap month is added to the Chinese calendar every 3 years.
3. People who are born on February 29th are called Leaplings or Leapers.
4. A few well known people who were born on February 29th are motivational speaker Tony Robbins, musician Jimmy Dorsey, actor Dennis Farina, and rapper Ja Rule.
5. The Titanic sank in a leap year - 1912. Gold was discovered in California in a leap year - 1848. General George Custer was defeated at the Battle of Little Big Horn in a leap year - 1876.