Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

This I know for sure...

Lost in grief last Christmas I just wanted to let the holiday go by unnoticed. To say I had no Christmas spirit would be a massive understatement. But I had to set my feelings and sense of loss aside and at least make an effort for the younger family members.

This year I'm actually looking forward to the holidays. We're going to put up our Christmas tree tomorrow and I think I'm more excited about it than the rest of the family. Except for our new kitten. This'll be his first experience with a Christmas tree so I can just imagine how intrigued he's going to be. And how often he'll be batting at the branches and ornaments. It's a good thing we always put unbreakable items on the lower branches (more for the little ones than for the cats).

I'm also looking forward to making cookies with my mom. It's something we've done since I was a small girl and we continue to do every year.

Are there any holiday traditions you're looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment