Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Still working on revisions. It seems to be a slow process lately. I'm still jotting down scenes and dialogue snippets as they pop in my head for the next book.

News from the publishing world: For those of us who mourned the loss of locally owned bookstores, this article is great news. Link: Indie Bookstores Aren't Dead

Quote of the week: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." ~ Mark Twain. This is for those rough days when the last thing I want to do is sit down at the laptop and write.

Health news: According to researchers from the University of British Columbia, strength training helps boost associative memory (such as putting names to faces). Cardio exercise helps boost episodic memory (such as remembering what's on your shopping list). Working out helps increase the blood flow to the brain, most importantly to the hippocampus where memories are stored. Exercise also increased growth factors in the brain which promotes cell health.

Random things: Now that the weather has grown colder with highs in the low 50's and the nights even colder, I've started crocheting in the evening. I'm currently finishing up a blanket. The really nice part is that it's big enough to cover my legs while I'm working on it.

Random photo of the week:

Here's my cat helping me keep track of my yarn while I'm crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment