Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

This I know for sure...

I realize January 1st is the official beginning of a new year, but I've always felt that the new year begins when school starts again. Even when I was a child, it seemed like the beginning of the new year -- new clothes, new school supplies, new classes and/or rooms, the unofficial end of summer, the beginning of the change of season to Autumn.  There doesn't seem to be anything special about January 1st. No new clothes, school supplies, etc. It's still winter which seems to drag on endlessly by that point. To me, it's just an extra day off from work.

So while I don't have any school aged children, I'm looking forward to this Labor Day weekend. I'll be spending it reviewing what I've accomplished up to this point, setting new goals, and looking forward to a new beginning of another "new" year.

2 comments:

  1. Katherine,
    I'm with you where Labor Day weekend is concerned. It signals the end of summer and beginning of fall--with new goals and a new start on all my projects. I joined your blog. Mine is judyanndavis.blogspot.com Have a great weekend! --Judy Ann Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say this time of year seems more like the beginning of a new year than January. Glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks for following my blog. I went over and visited yours. I love your tag line at the top and joined.

    ReplyDelete