Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

This I know for sure...

I'm a bit late posting this morning. I planned on posting first thing this morning but you know what they say about the best laid plans.

What I realized this week that I know for sure is that having a loved one feeling under the weather and knowing you can't be there for her is upsetting.  My mom had the stomach bug earlier this week and while she was fine home alone, I didn't like having to leave her there while I went off to the day job. Thankfully, she's in really good health even though she's in her upper 70's, but I wanted to be able to stay home and just be there for her whether she needed me or not.

I was tempted to take my last vacation day that I have for the year, (I work for a small family owned company and only get 5 vacation days a year) but she convinced me she'd be fine so off I went though it didn't stop me from worrying about her all day and calling twice more than I normally do to check in on how she was feeling.

I'm definitely looking forward to the day when my writing will support us and I won't need the job outside the home so I can be there whenever my mom might need me for whatever she might need me for no matter how trivial or important the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment