Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What I'm Cooking Wednesday

I haven't really had time to read a lot lately though I am enjoying a wonderful book by Jill Shalvis.  I have been craving cookies though so here's my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe.  Hope you like it as much as I do.


Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup Crisco shortening
1 egg
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
*½ cup chopped walnuts
A small dish of granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, stir together the first 6 ingredients (the flour through the salt).  Add the Crisco, egg and vanilla.  Beat well.  Stir in the oats and nuts.  Form into small balls.  Dip the tops of the balls in the additional dish of granulated sugar.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies

*I sometimes substitute the walnuts for craisins.

2 comments:

  1. Omg that sounds so good. Funny you posted this recipe. I had already considered making some for this weekend. I hadn't thought to add Craisins though. I love those things so I'm thinking the combination might be really awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really good together. I'm a big fan of craisins too. You'll have to let me know how your cookies turn out.

    ReplyDelete