Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Ho Hum...

I've been fighting a bout of the megrims lately and I don't know why I've been feeling so low about things.  I wouldn't say depressed, just sad.  It's as though Eeyore has set up residence in my brain and taken over my thoughts and feelings. Nothing had changed at work or in my personal life...or so I thought. 

Last Friday I met with my critique partner and we started talking about writing and how some days between family obligations and the day job, it seems next to impossible to find the time to work on our WIPs.  It was then I realized that I'd started feeling blue about a couple of weeks of not writing regularly.  Could it be possible that's the reason I'm feeling the way that I am?  It's said exercise releases endorphins which can create feelings of happiness.  Is it possible writing does the same thing for me?

This week should be the last week that I have a crazy schedule that will keep me from my regular writing routine.  So while I'm still going to try and write as much as I can this week, starting September 1st, I'm going to attempt to write every day for 100 days, even if I only have enough time to crank out one page.  It will serve as an experiment to see if writing on a steady basis improves my mood and gets rid of my case of the blues and it will also get me that much closer to reaching my goals I set at the beginning of the year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment