Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

This I Know For Sure...

As much as I try to embrace new technology or changes to current technology, I really don't like it and try to avoid it if possible. 

Two recent examples are the Timeline view on Facebook.  I dragged my feet for as long as possible before changing over (about 2 days ago). I'd spoken to people who changed over long ago who love the new look etc but I still didn't want to change over.  I was just starting to feel comfortable with the old version and now have to try to get back to that comfort level with the new version.  Another example is Blogger.  A new, updated version of Blogger has been available for a while now, well now there's a deadline date that everyone who hasn't yet switched over will be changed over on.  Oh no! Not another new version of something to learn.

I think my biggest problem with it is there are no real directions on how to figure this stuff out.  It's pretty much trial and error.  I'm a linear thinker so I like to know what step one is, then step two, etc.  To just "wing it" or try something and see what happens is so not me.

I've been wanting to get on Twitter for a while now but am worried I'll do something wrong, make some grand faux pas for all the world to see.  If I'm going to make a mistake, or breach some type of etiquette, etc I'd rather do it in the privacy of my home and not on a social media site. 

But change in the technology world is inevitable so I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it...and stall for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment