Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

Smooth Inspiration?

One of my sisters purchased a NutriBullet smoothie maker and has been testing out different smoothie recipes. She has roped me into trying some of the recipes with her. I've been a willing guinea pig most of the time. There have only been a few I wasn't willing to try, most of them with bananas as an ingredient. I'm not a big fan of bananas unless they're in bread or a muffin.

I have noticed that while I'm drinking my smoothie, I sometimes get an idea related to my current manuscript or will figure out how to resolve an editing issue I'm having. Is it the fruit in the smoothie that's firing my brain or is it because I'm usually staring off into space while I'm taste tesing a new recipe and my thoughts wander? I'm not sure, but I think I'll keep drinking smoothies if it helps my writing process.

Here are a few of my favorite smoothie recipes of those we've tried -

Triple Berry Smoothie:
Blend 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries) with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of ice. Add sugar to taste.

Cherry Vanilla Smoothie:
Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries with 1 1/4cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, 1 cup of ice, and a small pinch of salt.

Raspberry Orange Smoothie:
Blend 1 cup orange juice with 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, and 1 cup of ice. Add sugar to taste.

Green Tea Almond Smoothie:
Brew 1 1/2 cups extra strong green tea and let it cool completely. Blend the tea with 1/3 cup almonds, 1/4 cup honey, and 1 cup of ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment