Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): I spent most of last Saturday working on edits to fix the problem I mentioned last week while continuing to move forward. I hope to have the first draft including fixing the problem completed by the end of August.

News from the publishing world: The winners of the 2014 RITA were announced on July 26 at the RWA National conference in San Antonio, Texas. The RITA is been called the equivalent of the Oscar in the Romance author community. Here's the list of the winners - RITA Winners by Category

Quote of the week: "You have always written before and you will write now." ~ Ernest Hemingway This quote reminds me that I can write even when it feels like I'm fighting for every word.

Health news:  According to the USDA, American adults ate on average 118 fewer calories per day in 2010 compared to 2005. During this time period, there was an increase in home cooked meals opposed to meals eaten at restaurants or as take out.

Random things: I've been spending a lot of time with my cat lately. He's helping me deal with the loss of my family member. I wonder if he feels/senses how I'm feeling because he's been coming up and butting his head against my legs much more often lately or he lays by my side and rests his paw on my hand.

Random photo of the week:    

 This is a photo of my cat - Petey. He's like his owner and hates having his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment