Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Please Welcome My Guest...


Please welcome my guest, Romance author Savannah Young. Savannah grew up in rural northwest New Jersey in a place very similar to the fictional Old Town, which is featured in her books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy stories, Savannah is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds.

Savannah has graciously allowed me to interview her today.

Tell us something about yourself both writing and not writing related.

I’m the author of 24 books. In addition to writing novels and non-fiction books, I’m also an optioned screenwriter and produced playwright.

I’ve been a vegetarian for 30 years!

My siblings claim I'm a vegetarian because I don't eat any meat except bacon and pepperoni. (You know the really healthy stuff. LOL) Do you have a writing routine?  Where do you usually do your writing?

I like to get up between 4:30 and 5:00 am every morning and write for a few hours before I go to work. I can write anywhere but I like to write on my laptop in bed the best.

I get up at 5:00 every morning too, but it's to get ready for work. Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do?  Any plans in the future to write in a different one?

I’ve written everything from kid’s books to biographies and everything in between. I enjoy writing contemporary romance the most. I enjoy writing about relationships and I like making readers feel something.

How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse won’t cooperate?

I don’t get writer’s block. I have the opposite problem. I have too much to write and not enough time to write it all.

I know the feeling. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done in the name of research?

I don’t think I’ve done anything too strange. I did have to befriend a man who uses a wheelchair to find out some details about sexuality for disabled men.

What’s the best writing advice you were ever given? 

Don’t be afraid to write crap. Just get words on the page. You can always rewrite later.

Great advice. What do you like to do in your leisure time?

I’m not sure what the term “leisure time” means. :o)  I work full-time and also write a new novel every 4-6 weeks. I don’t have a lot of free time.

A new novel every 4 to 6 weeks, that's impressive. Tell us about your current release in a couple of sentences.

The Wilde One is the second book in the OLD TOWN COUNTRY ROMANCE series about four Wilde brothers, their local bar and their country band. This story focuses on Tucker, who served and was injured in Iraq. 

Can you tell us a little about your next project?

A Wilde Night is the third book in the OLD TOWN COUNTRY ROMANCE series.

Anything else you’d like to share?

Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog!

You're welcome. :o)

Blurb:
FOUR WILDE BROTHERS...ONE WILDE COUNTRY BAND

WILDE RIDERS is the first novel in a spicy new contemporary romance series about four sexy brothers, their small-town bar and their local country band. WILDE RIDERS can be read as a STAND ALONE NOVEL or as part of the SERIES.

Cooper Wilde spent his entire adolescence counting the days until he could escape rural northwest New Jersey. Now at 26, he can't believe he's coming back. But his late father's bar, Haymakers, is in financial trouble and his older brother, Jake, has asked for Cooper's help.

Riley Smith, 25, is fresh out of her Ivy League MBA program and wants to make an impression on her employer, H & C Bank. Her first solo assignment is a fraud investigation on a business loan they made to Haymakers.

Even though Old Town is less than 90 minutes from New York City, Riley feels like she's stepped into another world in this remote, one-bar town. Riley can't wait to do her business and get back to the city as quickly as her sports car will take her...until she meets Cooper Wilde. He's not like the other guys in this rural town and Riley feels inexplicably attracted to him.

If you like your trucks loud, your beer cold and your men hot...you'll love WILDE RIDERS.

Wilde Riders Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/Wilde-Riders-Town-Country-Romance-ebook/dp/B00IDWDWJ8/

You can contact Savannah at any of the links below:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for hosting me on your website! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I've posted your visit on my Facebook page and tweeted it too.

      Delete