Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Please Welcome My Guest...


Please welcome my guest, Lisa Rayns.  Lisa is an author of wonderful paranormal romance novels and I'm thrilled she's consented to an interview.  So without further ado, let's get this interview started.



Hi Lisa, tell us something about yourself both writing and not writing related.

The strangest thing about me is that I come from a family of non-readers. They might read magazine articles or the paper but they don’t read novels so they have a hard time understanding why I spend so much time doing what I do. I’m the black sheep, I guess. 

Do you have a writing routine?  Where do you usually do your writing?

I don’t really have a routine. I write whenever I can and when I’m not writing I’m usually thinking about it until a scene strikes me. Then I’m writing again.

I work in a bright pink room with things around me that inspire me. On the wall, there’s a picture of an artist painting an enchanting scene which always reminds me to “paint it beautiful.”

I love that - "Paint it beautiful."  Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do?  Any plans in the future to write in a different one?

I write in the paranormal genre because I found it was more fun than the regular romantic suspense. I do write in other genres. I have an urban fantasy novella out and a psychological suspense in the WIP stage.

I'll have to look up your urban fantasy novella. It's a genre that's new to me but that I'm enjoying it immensely.  How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse won’t cooperate?

I don’t. I find it helpful to take time away from writing when my muses don’t want to play. If I’m not into the story, readers won’t be either.

I agree. I feel if I'm bored by what I'm writing then the reader certainly will be. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done in the name of research?

That’s an awesome question and one that requires thought. Hmm, I think it was Googling how blood changes when someone dies. That would also qualify as the most morbid.

What’s the best writing advice you were ever given? 

Read.

That's advice I won't have any problem following. :o)  What do you like to do in your leisure time?

In my leisure time, I like to hang out with my family. Watching my boys grow is an exciting experience in itself. I learn a lot from my kids.

Tell us about your current release in a couple of sentences.

Wanted: Vampire - Free Blood is a dark paranormal romance with many surprises. Alexis Hall wakes up married to a handsome man with a major secret but a simple misunderstanding sends her running into the arms of a vampire.

Sounds fascinating. I'll be adding it to my TBR list. Can you tell us a little about your next project?

I’m planning four books in my Wanted: Vampire series and right now I’m working on the second book which is centered around Tara, Alexis’ best friend. She’s a witch with more problems than she cares to admit. The third book returns to Alexis and the fourth…well, I’m going to leave that a surprise for now.

Anything else you’d like to share?

Sure, I’d like to invite you all to stop by website or blog or friend me on facebook. I’d love to meet all of you!


Check out the blurb below for Wanted: Vampire - Free Blood.  It's great! 

Blurb: 

Three years ago, death blew out the candle in Alexis Hall’s life and left her devastated. Nothing could replace what she’d lost, not even the sexy stranger she awoke married to. Still, she finds it hard to ignore the dangerous sparks he triggers within her. She knows Bradley Cox took advantage of her. What she doesn’tknow is he holds a secret that will change everything.

But Bradley isn’t her only concern. In a moment of desperation to somehow reclaim what she had lost, Alexis made an offer to a vampire––free blood. Her blood. 

In a story of heartbreak and obsession, a simple ad changed Alexis' life forever and on one fateful night her dreams and her nightmares will collide. Can she trust Bradley? Or is he her worst mistake? Can she retract her offer to the vampire? Or will she fall under his deceptive spell? 


Or at
 
 
 Thank you so much for having me on your blog today, Katherine!
You are very welcome.  Thanks for being my guest.   

24 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa and Katherine! Enjoyed the interview and learning more about you Lisa!

    Congrats on your latest release...love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    Glad you liked the interview. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can win a copy of my release on my blog. I'm giving 3 away. http://lisarayns.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-to-vampire-mania.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting interview. Intriguing blurb--like throat-grabbing intriguing. And I have to know: Just HOW does blood change after death? Wishing you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Vonnie. You can find out in the novel. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome interview! Growing up, I was the book worm of the family. I spent more time immersed in books than I did paying attention to what was going on around me... People say I have a real knack for tuning everything out :) I can't wait to read Wanted:Vampire-Free Blood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You understand me then *smiles* Thanks for stopping by, Niecey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to get to know you, Lisa. My family doesn't read much, either. My husband - the sports page and my daughters - only when forced. They're missing out! LOL Best of luck with sales. Sounds like a terrific read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Jannine!
    My husband reads a ton and my kids reads but my parents and brother and sister don't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great interview Lisa and Katherine! I loved the part about the painting hanging in your office as a reminder to 'paint it beautiful'! Your title is very intriguing and your book sounds like a great read! My TBR pile just got a little higher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, thank you Karyn! I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure I want to know about the blood thing right now, Lisa. Best wishes with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, I won't tell you. Thanks for stopping by Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm the black sheep of my famil, too, Lisa---all serious lawyers! Good luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lisa, Sorry I've been absent today. It was a crazy at the day job today and then my normal 20 minute commute home turned into an hour and 10 minute commute due to a terrible accident involving an overturned tractor trailer.

    I'm glad so many people stopped by to keep you from being lonely. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no. I hope no one was hurt. Glad to hear you made it home safe yourself.

    Everyone was wonderful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt. I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks again for being my guest.

    ReplyDelete