Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Procrastination

I'm a procrastinator.  Is that a bad thing to admit?  I don't think so.  I think everyone procrastinates in some form or another. I know I tend to put off things I know I have to do but that I hate doing. Surely, everyone does that.  :o)

Other than putting of things I hate doing but have to be done, I also procrastinate about things I think won't take long so I tend to put them off to the last minute.  My nephew has this down to an art form.  If he has a term paper due at midnight on a certain date, he doesn't even start writing the paper until 9:00pm of the night it's due.  He does do all the research before hand but none of the actual writing of the paper.  And yet, he always manages to get really good grades on them.

I'll also procrastinate if I'm not sure about something.  For example, I procrastinated about writing this post because I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about.  I had three different topics but nothing written on any of them and now it's getting near time to post so I figured this was the best topic of the three.  

When someone tells me I'm procrastinating, I usually deny it.  Why is that I wonder?  Am I worried that person will think I'm lazy or can't make a decision?  I'm not sure. I like to think I have a plan and everything will get done in time and that's the extent of the plan. 


Maybe I just want to take time to smell the roses and not just hurry through my day  I'm not sure.  Maybe that's just another excuse. 

How about you?  Do you procrastinate?  Always when it comes to certain things or just from time to time?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I deny my procrastination too. Like it's some shameful secret or something.

    I think most people are procrastinators by nature. Just depends on the degree of your procrastination, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not alone in denying I'm a procrastinator. :o) I have a friend who's so highly organized that she always has things done well before she needs to. I tell her she just does that to make me look bad. It's a good thing she'a such a valued friend, otherwise I might hate her. LOL.

    ReplyDelete