Pages

Monday, June 3, 2024

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  Camp NaNoWriMo is held in April and July. I participated in the camp in April and didn't quite make my goal. I want to push really hard this month and finish Caine's book so instead of doing Camp again in July, I'm doing it this month. I figure I've got about 40k left to write if I follow my plot outline. That should be doable this month if I don't waste time and write when I should instead of doing other things. 

Motivational Quote: "When you're given an opportunity to change your life, be ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen. The world doesn't give things, you take things. ~ Taylor Jenkins Reid

What I'm Reading: I'm about halfway through Look on the Bright Side by Kristan Higgins. I'm feeling kind of ambivalent about it and hoping it gets better in the second half. I usually enjoy Ms. Higgins' books, this one, not so much as of right now.

Random Thoughts: I'm going to have some extra free time so I'm hoping to get a lot of small projects done this summer. I started a list of things I want to get done (mainly things around the house) and ended up with 25 items on my list. Thankfully, some of them are quick, tiny projects that I can knock out in 30 minutes or so, maybe less. I just couldn't seem to find the time to do them. Now that I have an actual list of things I want to take care of, it'll be easier to get them done, I hope. And I'll have that sense of accomplishment as I cross each completed project off. 

Random Photo:

   I find Mrs. Green cuddled up with the strangest things...like the cord to my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment