Pages

Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related: I'm doing Camp NaNo this month. It's a little more loose in structure than NaNoWriMo that's held in November. For the Camp version, you set your own goal that you want to meet instead of writing the 50,000 words required in the formal NaNoWriMo. My goal is to write 25,000 words this month. That will put be back on track to finish Missisippi's story by the end of May.

Motivational Quote: "There's no growth without a lot of hard work and a little risk." ~ Gloria Estefan

What I'm Reading: I started reading The Sweetheart Fix by Miranda Liasson last Wednesday. This is a contemporary romance and is the second book in the Blossom Glen series.

Random Things: Last week I posted that I was craving cookies and would probably bake some. I held off the craving and didn't do any cookie baking. I did make carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert for Easter Sunday. I will admit the cream cheese frosting came out of a container (Pillsbury). I haven't managed to master homemade frosting yet. It's either too sweet or the consistency is weird so while my cakes are made from scratch, the frosting will be bought from the store for the foreseeable future.  

Random Photo

       Carrot cake - I use walnuts in place of raisins in the cake because, well, I hate raisins.
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment