Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Writing Template

One of my goals for 2018 is to actually finish the manuscript I've been working on for longer than I'm willing to admit. While the first draft is completed, it needs serious revisions. My goal is to have it ready for submission by the end of March.

One of the problems I kept coming across as I was working on revisions previously was plot holes or subplots that trailed off and went nowhere. I've eliminated nearly all of the subplots, but am worried one or two plot holes might still exist.

I came across a great article on Fiction University about the use of a plot template. I'm including the link Fill in the Blanks: A Plot Template to Keep you on Target so you can check it out and maybe use it in your own writing.

I plan on using the template as I ready my manuscript for submission. I'm also considering using it when I start my next manuscript in the hope it will keep me from having so many plot holes the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment