Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

This I know for sure...

I understand that reading is subjective in terms of what one person loves, another hates. This is true in my own family. My youngest sister loved Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn while I didn't particularly care for it. (I didn't even finish it.) I devour Diane Kelly's Death, Taxes series books each time one comes out while my oldest sister doesn't like them.

What I don't understand is when people say, "I never read" or "I don't read" or even worse, "I hate to read (or) I don't like reading." Not liking to read is beyond my comprehension. I understand if one has a disability that makes it difficult, but I'm talking about those people who don't suffer from dyslexia and similar issues.

I read year round, but look forward to summer because I usually seem to have much more free time to read. Maybe it's because there's nothing worth watching on television during the summer season.

I'm not the only big reader in the family either. My mom read 14, yes 14, books in the month of June. I read 6 and thought that was a lot.

Do you read more in the summer than during the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment