Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Cake for Monday

I was going through an old handwritten cookbook of my grandmother's and found a cake recipe that sounded easy to make and great tasting. I made it yesterday and it turned out really well. I had some reservations because nothing was mixed together like you would normally do when making a cake from scratch.

Here's the recipe so you can try it too:

Applesauce No Stir Cake

1 15oz jar applesauce (I used regular applesauce because I couldn't find unsweetened and the recipe doesn't specify if it should be sweetened or not.)
1 20oz can of crushed pineapple (I used Dole brand)
1 cup of melted butter (I used margarine because I didn't have any butter)
1 package yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 container Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. (I used Pam's butter spray.) Pour the applesauce into the pan and give it a gentle shake to spread it out over the bottom of the pan. Next pour in the pineapple including the juice. I tried to pour it so that it was evenly distributed over the applesauce. Spread the yellow cake mix on top of the pineapple. I also tried to pour this so it was evenly distributed.

Melt the butter/margarine and pour over the top of cake mix. DO NOT STIR the mixture. Bake for 1 hour or until cake is done. Let cake cool completely. Frost with the Cool Whip and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment