Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

This I know for sure...

This weekend we're going to the George Eastman Museum in Rochester, NY.  The museum has a gingerbread house exhibit every year. The gingerbread houses are made by professionals, local businesses, boy scout troops, and your every day average person and families. All of the creations are for sale by silent auction. The winning bidders are notified on the last day of the exhibit - December 16th.  The proceeds help support future restoration projects of the museum which was George Eastman's home.

I've always wanted to go see this exhibit, but would never think about it until it was too late to go. It would usually come to mind when I'd read in the newspaper about how successful the exhibit was that year. This would, of course, be after the exhibit ended.

The same thing happened last year. Determined to go in 2015, as soon as I purchased my 2015 planner I made a note in the month of October to go to the George Eastman Museum's website to find out when the exhibit would be. I'm looking forward to going and I learned that this year is the 20th anniversary of the exhibit so I'm kind of glad I haven't gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment