Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Rationing Pages

Have you ever read a book that you were enjoying so much that you didn't want it to end?

I've had that happen a few times over the years. The story is so engrossing, I loved the characters and/or identified with them and what they were going through that I wished the story would continue and never end.When I come across these types of books, I find myself rationing the pages once I get to the halfway point. Part of me wants to read as much as I can so I can see how the story ends, the part of also wants to make the book last as long as possible because I'm enjoying it so much.

One such book was Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster. In this case, I just loved the writing and the story itself. It was one of those books that you just can't put down and when you have to, you try to figure out how soon you can pick it back up again.

Another book was Lethal by Sandra Brown. A romantic suspense novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat from the very beginning.

Right now, I'm reading Do or Die by Suzanne Brockmann. The book has approx. 558 pages and I'm a little more than halfway through. I'm almost fighting with myself because I want to keep reading, but I know if I do, I'll be done with the book and have to say goodbye to the characters.

Have you read a book that you found yourself wishing it wouldn't end? What was the title?

No comments:

Post a Comment