Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress): Low word count this week due to the holiday. I did write every day though so I'm still going strong on the 100 day challenge.

News from the publishing world: I found this article interesting. I think it puts things in perspective when related to Ebook sales vs. Paperback or Hardcover sales. Link: http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2014/bookstats-ebooks-flat-in-2013/

Quote of the week:  "Believe in yourself regardless of what other people think. You can accomplish anything, absolutely anything, if you set your mind to it." ~ Marcus Allen.  This is a great quote when you're feeling down on yourself.

Health news: A new study in the Journal of Experimental Psychology recommends not hiding your nervousness before a big event. You should embrace them instead. Instead of saying, "I'm nervous," say "I'm so excited." Doing this reframes your anxiety as a positive emotion and boosts self-confidence. I found this interesting as I hate public speaking and always feel anxious before having to do it.

Random things: I did something this past Friday that I haven't done in months. I did only the essential things that had to be done and let the rest of my "To Do" list go. Instead I just relaxed, read a book, and took a walk in the neighborhood enjoying the day as it dusk fell. 

Random photo of the week:

 The strange plant growing in a friend's backyard that we can't figure out what is. If you recognize it, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment