Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

This week...

My current WIP (work in progress):  It has moved forward in drips. Concentrating and trying to get into the mindset of my characters has proven difficult. I did realize I have a major flaw that runs throughout a large portion of the book. Rather than stop writing and go back and fix it, (mainly because I want to finish this book already. It's taken me far to long to write the first draft as it is) I'm going to try to edit the pages already written while still pushing ahead with writing new material. Whether or not I'm successful in this will be another thing.

News from the publishing world: Harper Collins is starting to sell books directly from their website. Here's a link for a bit more information. http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2014/harpercollins-pivots-to-sell-print-and-ebooks-directly-to-readers-through-main-website/

Quote of the week:  “Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” ~ Unknown.  I think this says it all.

Health news: Sorry no health news this week. I just haven't been able to get to any of the journals I normally peruse.

Random things:  A few people have told me I've been having a string of bad luck lately. It all started on July 10th when I had a flat tire. Thankfully, the tire waited to deflate until I'd been home and parked in the driveway for a couple of hours. A few days after that, my mom slipped down the last few stairs in our house and injured her wrist. A day or so after that, my loved one became ill and as you all know passed away 2 days later. I don't know if I'd put everything I've been going through down as bad luck, but I'd sure like things to start looking up.

Random photo of the week: 

This was on Facebook a few days ago on a friend's page. Given everything that's been happening in my life lately, I thought it was entirely appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment