Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

This I know for sure...

I wish there were more hours in the day. I realize I'm not the only one who feels this way. Some days I have so much I want to accomplish and still get a decent night's sleep that I feel like I have to sacrifice one for the other.

Then there are the times I'd like extra time to indulge like on the wicked cold so many degrees below zero wind chill days, I'd really like to have extra time to snuggle under the quilt rather than leave my nice warm bed to get ready for work. I'd like extra time to sit and finish a really good book that I don't want to put down and not have to worry about whatever else that's more important not getting done. I'd like extra time to sit and visit with my mom and not feel like I'm neglecting her.

I'd like extra time to...well I could go on and on but there are only 24 hours in a day so I don't sleep much (about 6 hours a night). I don't ever stay in bed for an extra 15 or 30 minutes or so. I don't read as much as I'd like for as long as I'd like no matter how good the book is, but I do try to make time to spend with my mom every day, it's just not as long as I'd like to.

Someone once told me, "Sacrifice is good for the soul." I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment