Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl or Super Commercials

Every year we have a small gathering on Super Bowl Sunday to watch the big game. Despite that, I don't usually watch the game. I watch the commercials. Yep, that's right. The commercials. Most of the time I don't even know which teams are competing until the game starts.

When the game is on, I'm usually leafing through a magazine, keeping the snacks replenished, or doing something else in the vicinity of the television so I can keep an ear tuned to the television. As soon as I hear a commercial, I perk up and pay attention. When the game comes back on, I go back to what I'm doing.

Every year I look forward to the inventiveness of the advertisers. Some of the commercials are cringe inducing, some funny, and some are heartwarming. My favorite commercials over the years have always been the Clydesdale ones by Anheuser Busch. This year was no different.

Do you tune into the big game for the game itself? Or are you like me and prefer the commercials? Which one did you like best?

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I love football. Huge fan of the sport :) I'm the opposite of you, to be honest. I don't pay attention to commercials, lol.

    This year, I did, by some small miracle. Favorites: Honda's safety announcement with Bruce Willis, and Budweiser's hero's welcome for the soldier returning Stateside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked both of those commercials too. I liked the Budweiser commercial with the puppy and the horse too.

      Delete