Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

What I know for sure...

I'd always believed I'm adaptable. I can go with the flow and not get too verklempt about it. I more or less have to be flexible in my day job because I never know what's going to take priority on any given day. But this past week, I found out I'm much more a creature of habit that I thought I was.

My morning routine has changed so I can sleep in a bit later and not have to get up at 5:15 every morning. I was thrilled I can now get up at 5:45. Yes, it's only a half hour later but let me tell you after years of getting up at 5:15, that extra thirty minutes seems like so much more. You'd think I would love the new wake up time. Nope. Not so much. Most mornings I've been awake before 5:15 any way so the extra sleeping time is wasted. I tried just staying in bed until 5:45 but then I found I was running late getting out of the house. I guess I was used to having a certain amount of time and getting up later cuts into that time and I can't seem to get everything I used to do before leaving for work done in the shorter span.

Sooo, guess who's still getting up at 5:15 every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment