Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

This I know for sure...

I hate making life changing decisions. I don't mean life changing like resolving to lose weight and actually doing something about it or  that type of thing.  I'm talking life changing like moving to a new state where you know only a few people or you don't know anyone or taking a job in a completely new field where you're not sure you can excel but want the opportunity.

I'm always worried I'm going to make the wrong decision.  Sometimes when you make a decision and you realize it's the wrong decision, there's no way to go back to the way life was before.  Sometimes that decision becomes one of the biggest regrets of your life. Sometime trying to recover from that decision takes everything you have.   Is it any wonder I hate making those decisions.  The potential repercussions paralyze my decision making abilities and I agonize over what to do. And once I do make the decision, I spend days, weeks sometimes second guessing myself.


2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, many decisions in life are a gamble. You either take the plunge and just do it. Perhaps you regret it, but maybe not. It's unnerving to have to make those types of decisions though. So I totally agree with you there. I hope whatever you are trying to decide will be a great choice for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. I took a gamble two years ago and am still trying to recover from it. The results of that decision were less than pretty and I took a huge hit in more ways than one. The one good thing to come out it was that I decided to stop playing around and get serious about my writing career so I guess there was a positive to it. I just couldn't see anything positive in the situation until recently.

    ReplyDelete