Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

This I know for sure...

Some friendships withstand time and distance and some don't. I recently had dinner with a couple friends I hadn't seen in two years.  It was like no time had passed at all.  Though we had emailed each other from time to time, we didn't keep in touch on a regular basis. When we met for dinner, it was as though we'd just seen each other a few days ago.  We laughed and caught up with each other's lives and had a great time slipping back into our old friendship like a well worn pair of jeans.  We promised each other we wouldn't wait two years to get together again.  But if we don't, I know when we do get together again, it'll still seem like no time had passed at all.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have friends like that. I have a handful a friends with similar circumstances. We might not get to see each other as much, but can always pick right up where we left off. It's nice to be able to do so.

    ReplyDelete